Deck Repair, Maintenance, Waterproofing and Coating
- Before: During this hotel renovation for the Ramada Inn across from the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, we performed walkway remodels throughout the entirety of the hotel.
- After: To complete this hotel walkway remodel, we installed a new plywood substrate with flashing around the walls to ensure the perimeter is protected against penetration. We then applied Westcoat ALX waterproof deck coating for a beautiful, yet durable finish in an area subject to high traffic.
- This is a residential deck repair in Dana Point. This client had an issue with leaking around one post. We re-waterproofed the post area using fiberglass and resin, tying into the existing surface. We also filled one low area and fixed multiple cracks. We then applied texture to all repair areas and applied pigmented sealer to the entire surface.
- This is a residential pool deck in Fullerton. To get this look, a dark slurry coat of cement was applied for the grout color, we then created a 3ft x 3ft diagonal square pattern using grout tape. A lighter color of pigmented sealer was applied to the entire surface and the grout tape was removed. Applying a clear protective coating to the entire surface completed the process.
- This is a residential deck repair in Coto De Caza. This client didn't have any major issues with their deck, but they did want to update the look of their deck and add some curb appeal to the house. In this case, we repaired some cracks, reapplied texture to the repair areas and applied pigmented sealer to the entire surface.
- This residential deck repair in Newport Beach includes a deck refinishing, repainting, and re-waterproofing of the existing deck. Our resilient coatings prolong the life of your deck or balcony by protecting against weather exposure and traffic, while the non-slip surface makes it easier to maintain and clean.
- This is a residential deck repair in Laguna Beach. This is an existing Dex-O-Tex deck in which we repaired the exposed cracks, and applied a coat of pigmented sealer over the entire surface. We also applied a waterproof coating system that consists of seven layers of waterproofing, the final layer being a pigmented sealer.
- This is a residential deck repair in Corona del Mar. We installed copper flashing and the Dex-O-Tex Weatherwear system on this particular project, which will ultimately extend the life of the deck. Copper or stainless steel flashing can be used for homes that are close to the water.
- New decks installed in Laguna Beach with 5 year Warranties. Many processes and layers are applied to insure waterproofing, longevity and beauty. All perimeters, walls and posts include bonderized flashing with these processes. A metal lathe system with a sheeted membrane to full-proof water intrusion was utilized. The faux finish was completed in a flagstone pattern with a lacquer coat to seal and preserve the aesthetic look.
Stairs, Repair, Maintenance, Waterproofing and Coating
- This is a stair refinish in Corona del Mar. We applied VL primer to all the surfaces; applied reinforced tape and resin binder to the flashing and plywood seams; applied a resin binder and broadcasted rubber granules into the wet mix. To finish, we applied two coats of pigmented Elastaglaze to all treads and installed nosing at the edge of each step.
- This deck restoration in San Clemente features Dex-O-Tex Weatherwear systemapplied to all the steps. Our professional, qualified crews have extensive experience with most major brands, including Dex-O-Tex, Desert Crete, & Westcoat, guaranteeing that you will get the best system for your house, apartment, condo, or building.
Decorative Finishes, Tile, Brick, and Decorative Patterns
- This residential deck repair in Laguna Beach features a pigmented grout coat, 24 inch square tiles created by using grout tape, as well as a micro-topping finish and color wash. We also added highlights to the tiles, removed the grout tape and applied a clear sealer for extended longevity. Call today to learn more!
- This deck remodel in Newport Beach, includes a complete tear down of the rotted plywood for this house'soutdoor walkway. We installed new plywood, new flashing, and new waterproof coating. For the 'pavers style,' we used grout tape, micro-topping, and a clear protective sealer.
- This Newport Beach resident wanted the look of tile on their deck, but didn't want to pay for expensive tile. Our solution - a "faux finish." By applying a decorative finish and a coat of texture to the surface in a skip trowel method, we create a realistic tile simulation leaving the resident with a beautiful deck for years to come.
- Cranks Brothers Deck Co. completed this residential decorative deck finish in Newport Beach, CA. This custom decorative finish features pigmented texture, color wash for highlights, and a protective coat of clear sealer. The deck's tile pattern was created using grout tape.
- The residential deck remodel in San Juan Capistrano features a faux finish that was created by using stencils in a flagstone pattern. The client also chose to go with the same color for the grout lines and the deck itself. We offer many attractive colors and textures, from traditional knockdown to the look of flagstone, brick or tile. Your surface can also be color stained or stenciled for added elegance.
Epoxy Garage Floors
- This is a garage floor refinish in Balboa Island, where we create a custom design for our client's garage floor so it would complement the look of their home. Crank Brothers Deck Co. provides our valued residential and commercial clients with high quality epoxy garage coatings that are durable and visually striking.
- This Santa Ana restroom facility received an Epoxy Coating system with a pigmented basecoat and vinyl color chips broadcast into the wet coating. To increase longevity and create a more durable surface, a clear protective coating was applied in the final processes.
- This is a garage floor refinish in Corona Del Mar, where we mechanically abraded the floor for a bonding profile, then applied an epoxy primer and basecoat with colored vinyl chips. Once that is dry, we scraped and remove the excess chips and apply a clear sealer coat for protection.Our durable and versatile decorative finishes offer real benefits in terms of safety, performance and aesthetics for your home or building.
I have had 2 people tell me that Crank Bros., although costly, are the only deck people to use. They were right. Job well done!